Tell us a little bit about yourself:
I am a born and raised Southern gal who wears many different hats. I am a middle school keyboarding teacher by day and a YouTuber by night. I probably spend as much time working on content as I do teaching. I am also a coach’s wife, cheer mom (my daughter does competitive cheer), and an avid reader. I am married to my high school sweetheart. He is also a teacher and the head high school football coach for the school district where we work, and our kids attend. We have two kids. A 9-year-old daughter, Kate, and a 5-year-old son, Derrick.
Why did you want to be a Brand Ambassador?
I am all about supporting the military and small businesses, especially ones that have such an amazing mission. I already have an obsession with bags, so when I found out about R.Riveter and their handmade bags with a story, I got really excited.
Plus, I have family currently serving in the military. My sister-in-law is a Tech Sergeant in the Air Force where she is an Independent Duty Medical Technician. She has missed many family events and milestones, but we are very thankful for FaceTime and social media. Also, my grandfather served in WWII. As a result of his service, he fought many battles both during, and long after the war.
When filling out the Brand Ambassador application for R.Riveter, I had them in the back of my mind. I understand the impact that service has on those in the military and their families, and I wanted to offer my support.
What is your favorite R.Riveter bag?
My favorite bag is definitely the black Otto with brown leather. I wear many hats on a daily basis and the Otto helps with my busy lifestyle. It has a large interior pocket that holds so many daily essentials. Plus, the side pockets are the perfect addition to the bag. All of my grab-and-go items, like Chapstick, cough drops, and my keys get placed in there. My favorite part is the crossbody strap. I am all about being hands-free when out and about. I could really talk about this bag all day.
5 Fun Facts About You:
- I love organizing. I get enjoyment out of finding new ways to organize my house. I would love to be a professional organizer.
- I have been gluten free since 2015 because of my thyroid and other issues. I do not have cheat days and I have to watch everything that I eat. It has gotten easier over time.
- I am a Disney fanatic. I have been since I was a little girl. I haven’t even been to Disney a lot, but it just makes me happy.
- I was named after my mom and Kristin from Dallas. Yes, the one who shot JR.
- I still have my security baby blanket. I slept with it up until 2 years ago when it almost fell apart. Now, it has a permanent home in my closet.
To learn more about Kristin, follow her on:
Youtube Channel - The Gold Project
Instagram - The Gold Project
Facebook - The Gold Project Blog
Blog - The Gold Project