Name: Stacy S
Year Started as R.Riveter: August 5, 2015.
Position: My current position is Business Development Coordinator. This position includes PR/Media/Community Outreach, Post to Pillar Manager and Wholesale Development.
Military Affiliation: Army Spouse
1. First, tell us a little bit about yourself.
I am from California. I have three children ages 15, 13 and 4. I knew from a very early age that I wanted to work in the Fashion Industry.
2. Why did you join R. Riveter?
I joined R. Riveter because I loved the company’s mission to inspire, engage and empower. I read an article about R. Riveter in 2014. I was so excited to find out there was a successful handbag company started by two military spouses.
3. How has being a military spouse affected your journey and your career?
Being a military spouse has affected my career in a major way. Before I was married I was living in NYC, working as an Account Executive in the fashion industry. I absolutely loved my job! I was also engaged to be married to my fiancé a soldier stationed at Fort Bragg. I told the company that I worked for that I would be taking a six month leave of absence to get married. My fiancé had a 6-month commitment left with the Army. Soon after moving to Fayetteville, the September 11 attacks happened. Our country was at war. My husband wanted to serve and protect our country.
4. How has R. Riveter affected your life?
I am finally able to pursue my career goals.
5. What do you love most about what you do?
I absolutely love working with creative and business minded women. I also love that my children get to see me be a part of this amazing group of women.
6. What is one of your most proud moments at R. Riveter?
I am proud of this company every single day. My proudest moment to date was watching the Shark Tank viewing party surrounded by my coworkers. I know there are many more proud moments to come!
6. Favorite part about working at R.Riveter?
Seeing the company grow every single day.
7. Favorite R. Riveter handbag?
It depends on the day. I constantly switch between my Green Canvas Otto and Wool Patton.
8. Fun Fact about yourself? I love California! The sunshine, ocean and people. It’s my home. I hope to live there again someday.