Meet the Rosie: Marian
Name: Marian G
Year started at R.Riveter: 2017
Position: Fabshop Operator
Military Affiliation: brother-in-law is Air Force
1. First, tell us a little bit about yourself.
I'm local to the Fort Bragg area, born & raised in Moore County, and I studied fashion design in college.
2. Why did you join R.Riveter?
I had moved back to the area and was looking for work.
3. How has R.Riveter affected your life?
I work with an incredible group of women who I am thankful to call my co-workers
because of their friendship, encouragement, life-advice, and cooking tips.
5. What do you love most about what you do?
I get to take all the pieces, handcrafted by our incredible team, and shape canvas,
leather and lining into a single, beautiful bag. I am honored to be a part of the process, bringing it all together and sending a bag on it's way.
6. What is one of your most proud moments at R.Riveter?
Completing that very first batch of 12 Signature Pattons and earning
official Riveter status.
7. Favorite part about working at R.Riveter?
Sewing Circle (the group of ladies stitching bags at the shop) and our wildly diverse
conversations, including but not limited to chicken chat, essential oils, and the care and keeping of pineapple plants.
8. Favorite R.Riveter handbag?
9. Fun Fact about yourself?
I am also a fashion designer and have created collections of women's clothing for 3 different fashion shows.