Name: Jocelyn V
Year Started at R.Riveter: 2014
Position: Leather Liaison/Remote Riveter
Military Affiliation: Army Wife
Current Base or Station: Fort Carson
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I've been married for six years and we have moved from Colorado to Georgia to Colorado again. We have five children ranging from 8 months to 14. I always told myself I wouldn't marry someone in the military based on the fact that my dad retired from over 20 years in. Of course that changed when I met my husband. I am pursing my bachelors in accounting but have taken a break since my youngest was born. I am now focusing completely on my family and R.Riveter.
2. Why did you join R.Riveter?
I loved what the business stood for.
3. How has being a military spouse affected your journey and your career?
When we were stationed in Dahlonega, Georgia I was working at a tanning salon because it was the only position I could get with us moving so often or the possibility of us moving.
4, How has R.Riveter affected your life? I have been able to help support my family as well as having something that I can be proud of and call my own.
5. What do you love most about what you do? I love the independence it gives me and the self confidence it has given me.
6. What is one of your most proud moments at R.Riveter? I am proud of being with the business since before Shark Tank happened, watching the company grow is what I'm proud of.
7. Favorite part about working at R.Riveter?
My favorite part is reading the stories of everyone that receives their bags. I also really enjoy the Riveter numbers on each bag, allowing everyone to have somewhat of a story that comes with their bag.
8. Favorite R.Riveter handbag?
9. Fun Fact about yourself?
I grew up in Germany until I was 13;)