Independent Contractor Overview
As Remote Riveter you will be contracted as an independent contractor. An independent contractor is a person or business who performs services for another person or company under an express or implied agreement and who is not subject to the other's control, or right to control, the manner and means of performing the services; not as an employee.
- You will be required to sign an Independent contractor agreement with R.Riveter, LLC stating you will perform the work, as stated in your contract, for an initial period of six months. This contract will automatically renew every six months unless you are terminated or you give us 30 days’ notice in writing that you are no longer going to do contract work for us.
- As a contractor you schedule days and the number of hours to be worked in order to perform the Services. Services shall not be on a day-to-day regularly scheduled operational basis, and Contractor shall not be required to perform any minimum number of hours.
- Contractor shall at all times possess the necessary skill and training to perform the Services promptly, timely, and responsibly.
- You will be in charge of your own invoicing to R.Riveter in order to receive payment. Instructions on proper invoicing will be given at time of on boarding.
- You will be directly responsible for expenses incurred to perform your job. For, example if you take canvas to the laundromat to wash it you are in charge of this expense. You should keep receipts of all expenses incurred for your tax purposes.
- You are not an employee so taxes will not be taken out of your invoice payments. Your income will be reported to the IRS.
- Invoices will be submitted bi-monthly and R. Riveter will pay invoices within 30 days of receipt. If there are any discrepancies on your invoice we have 15 days to let you know in writing and can delay payment until the problem is resolved.
- As a contractor you must use the special fabric and/or leather we require. You can purchase this directly or on credit from us.
- You will agree to not make these exact products for another company or create your own company using the same materials and techniques our company uses as per trademark/patent laws.
- You will have the option to buy the equipment required to complete the job or you may pay a rental fee to us for the use of the equipment.