Last Updated: June 20, 2018
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
INFORMATION WE COLLECT DIRECTLY FROM YOU
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you use our websites; provide product reviews; shop in our stores; call us on the phone; create an online account; sign up to receive our emails; request a catalog; participate in a sweepstakes, contest, promotion or survey; communicate with us via third-party social media sites; request customer support; apply for and/or participate in our loyalty program; apply for a job; or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, zip or postal code, billing address, shipping address, phone number, payment card information, product preferences, demographic information and any other information you choose to provide. In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you purchase a gift card for someone and request that we deliver it electronically, create and share a “wishlist” or decide to purchase and ship products to someone. We will use this information to fulfill your requests and will not send marketing communications to your contacts unless they separately opt-in to receive communications from us.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES
We collect information about your use of our Services, such as the products you purchase or express interest in.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
We automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use our Services, including:
- Log-in Information: We collect information about your use of our websites, such as the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the referring link through which you accessed our websites.
- Device Information: We collect information about the device you use to access our online Services, including the hardware model and operating system and version.
- Transaction Information: When you purchase or return a product, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details and the date and location of the purchase/return.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OUR PARTNERS AND OTHER SOURCES
We may obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you. For example, we collect information from the local postal services’ national change of address databases to verify and update mailing addresses. If you interact with us on social media, we will also collect information about those interactions.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services, including to facilitate and improve your in-store and online shopping experiences;
- Deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Respond to your comments, questions, requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, events and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to manage these communications, please see Your Choices);
- Manage your online account(s) and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Personalize your online experience and provide advertisements, content or features that match your profile and interests;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- Process and deliver contest, promotion and sweepstakes entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect our and others’ rights and properties;
- Provide you the benefits of our loyalty program if you are a member of our loyalty program; and
- Carry out any other purpose readily apparent to you or described to you at the time the information is collected.
- When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers and Amazon Pay), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share information about you as follows:
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With our business partners and other third parties for purposes of sending their own direct mail, unless you opt out of this type of sharing by logging into your online account and changing your preferences or by contacting us;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies or to protect the rights, property and safety of us or any third party;
- With your consent or at your direction
- In connection with any merger, sale of company assets, financing or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- By publicly posting, at our discretion, your product review or other user content if you provide one; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We allow our e-commerce partners UPS (based in Edison, New Jersey) and USPS (headquarters Washington, DC) to obtain personal information for the purposes of facilitating ordering and shipping internationally. For more information about UPS’s privacy practices, see https://www.i-parcel.com/en/i-parcel-online-privacy-notice/ and for more information about USPS privacy practices, see https://about.usps.com/who-we-are/privacy-policy/welcome.htm
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
ADVERTISING AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on other websites or platforms. For more information about Interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. European users may opt of receiving targeted advertising by visiting http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/. Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Our retention periods for personal data are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal data for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the data was collected and any other permissible, related purpose. For example, we may retain certain transaction details and correspondence until the time limit for claims arising from the transaction has expired.
We do not, in providing the Services, knowingly collect personal information from children. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided personal data to us via the Services, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
Managing or deleting your online R.Riveter account
- You may update, correct or delete your online account information at any time by logging into your account and navigating to the “My Account” page or by contacting us as indicated in the Contact Us section below. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), please see the section on “Customers Who Are Residents of the European Economic Area” below. You can also contact us if you wish to deactivate your online account. Note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
OPTING OUT OF PROMOTIONAL COMMUNICATIONS
You can opt out of receiving promotional communications from us at any time by doing the following:
- To opt out of promotional emails and text messages: Follow the instructions provided in those communications or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Cookies- Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our websites. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
R.Riveter has operations in the U.S. and other countries. As such, we or our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
CUSTOMERS WHO ARE RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (“EEA”)
If you are a resident of the United Kingdom or all other EEA jurisdictions, R.Riveter, provides our Services to you and are responsible for your information when you use our Services.
We process your personal data described above:
- As necessary to fulfill our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the products you have ordered);
- As necessary for our legitimate interests, including our interest in providing relevant and secure Services, and improving our Services and products;
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations; or
- As consistent with your consent, which you may revoke at any time.
You have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected or erased and to port your data. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing or to withdraw consent you have previously provided. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us at email@example.com. If you have a R.Riveter account, you may also review, update and delete certain personal data or adjust your marketing preferences by logging into your account.
If you have a concern about our processing of your personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority where you reside. For contact details of your relevant local Data Protection Authority, please see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
2020 Juniper Lake Rd.
West End, NC, 27376, United States